Following massive outbreaks of Covid-19, the capital administration has sealed nine areas including, Gulraigan in Chattha Bakhtawar, Street 13-C in the National Police Foundation in E-11/4, Street 26 and sub-street 110 in I-10/4, Huawei Tech, Saudi Pak Tower in Blue Area, Street 54 in G-7/2, Block No.6 in PWD Colony and Street 62 in G-6/4the Pakistan Sports Board, and Street 111 in G-9/4, in the city, followed by cordoning off areas by Rangers and army – for public safety.
On Wednesday alone, 295 new cases of Covid-19 and four deaths were reported.
Mohammad Hamza Shafqat, Deputy Commissioner, said these are high-density areas where people are not following standard operating procedures. He also informed that 6 cases emerged from the PSB, and they met with a number of people.
Benazir Bhutto Hospital OPD to be turned into Covid-19 center
The COVID Nerve Centre at the Citizen Facilitation Centre in G-11/4 was sealed as seven staffers tested positive for Covid-19; all of them have been isolated; other than staffers, even four army officials who were stationed there, have also asked to be quarantined.
Seven cases have also been reported from a street in the National Police Foundation, 18 from a street in G-9/4, seven from a street in G-6/4, five from Block-6 in PWD Colony, and 22 from Saudi Pak Tower – all the localities have been sealed.
Talking about other areas, Dr. Zia said
- 30 cases reported from F-7,
- 14 each from Defence Housing Authority and F-6, I-10/4,
- 18 from G-9, 15 – Chak Shahzad,
- 11 from Bhara Kahu,
- 8 from I-8,
- 13 from G-6, 12 each from G-10 and G-8,
- 10 each from F-8 and G-7,
- 9 each from G-11, F-11 and Ghouri Town,
- 7 from E-11,
- 6 each from G-13 and F-10,
- 4 each from Soan Garden, Bahria Town, G-5 and I-9
- 5 each from Tarlai and PWD, and
- 3 each from Korang Town, Khanna, and F-5.