In the last two days, only three Covid-19 patients died – 2 on Sunday and 1 on Monday – and 95 new cases – 23 out of 1,259 tests conducted yesterday – were reported in Islamabad.
The most affected areas were;
- 3 cases each from G-10, Chak Shahzad, and I-8.
- 2 cases each from I-10, F-11, and G-9.
- 1 each from Farash Town, Afendi Colony, Bahria Town Phase III, Sihala, G-7, G-11, Ghouri Town Phase II, and Bhara Kahu.
While on Sunday,
- 7 cases each from PWD and G-7
- 5 from G-10
- 4 each from G-13, G-8, and Bahria Enclave
- 3 each from I-10, G-11, and Margalla Town
- 2 each from Mohalla Harno, Prime Minister Staff Colony, I-9, G-15, Chak Shahzad, I-8, and Bhara Kahu
- 1 each from Rawat, Tramri, Rawal Town, Mohrian, Khanna, Pims Colony, PAF Hospital, H-8, H-13, F-6, G-6, G-12, and E-10.
Dr. Zaeem Zia, district’s health officer, said that the surveillance of confirmed cases and tracing of their contacts is being done to contain the virus’s spread.
The DHO also informed that a random collection of samples is also going on in these areas, including shopping centers, Marakiz, barbershops, and grocery stores.